BENAN. In the southeast corner of section 3, Glidden Township. Post office, 1893-1900
BROWNING. In section 12, Sheridan Township. Post office, 1871-89
CARROLL CITY. The name applied to the present city of Carroll from the time of its establishment in 1867 to about 1875, and was a town of importance in those days. Post office, 1859-1903.
COPLIN'S GROVE. Slightly northwest of the central part of Union Township, as shown on maps from 1863-1868.
DIVIDE. Slightly north of the central part of Wheatland Township, as shown on maps of 1878.
ELBA. In the northeast corner of section 16, Eden Township. Post office, 1873-81.
JASPER. In section 17, Jasper Township, on the north Coon River. The U. S. Official Register lists it as a post office in 1861 and it is carried on the maps from
KENTNER. In section 21, Sheridan Township. A small villiage. Post office, 1893-1900.
MACKS. In section 16, Pleasant Valley Township. Post office, 1869-71.
NILES GROVE. In southeastern part of section 22, Union Towhship, as shown on maps of 1868.
ROSELLE. The post office (1876-1900) at the village of Hillsdale.
TIP TOP. The name first given to the present town of Arcadia.
Carroll County was named after Charles Carroll.
One of the signers of the
Declaration of Independence
Established January 15, 1851
If you have any information about any of these towns, please share with us via our Contact Us form.
©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Iowa Ghost Towns
|EZ County Index with Towns|
|EZ Town Index with Info|