BEAVER CITY. A post office, 1859-61, first located on section 4, Dayton Township, three miles west of the
northwest corner of the present city of New Hampton.
BRADFORD. In the south part of section 9 and the north part of section 16, Bradford Township, two miles northeast of the present town of Nashua. It was the
first county seat of Chickasaw county, holding it from 1854 to 1857. The home of the little Brown Church. Post office, 1853-94.
BOYD. A prosperous village with railroad station and post office, in southern part of New Hampton, started in the early 1880's abandoned about 1920.
CHICKASAW. In section 21, Chickasaw Township. Platted in 1854 and an important town for several years. Post office, 1855-1903.
CHICKASAW CENTER. The orginal name of the present city of New Hampton.
CHICKASAW STATION. The original name of the present town of Ionia.
DALE. In the northern part of Utica Township. Post office, 1863.
DAYTON CENTER. In Dayton Township. Post office, 1863.
DEERFIELD. In section 4, Richland Township. Post office, 1857-1903.
DRESDEN. In section 1, Richland Township. Post office, 1900-03.
FOREST CITY. A village in the eastern part of Richland Township. It was for a time in 1858 the county seat of the county. Its existence was brief.
GREENWOOD. In the northwesten part of Bradford Township, as shown on maps of 1868 and 1869.
INDIANTOWN. In the northern part of Richland Township, as shown on maps from 1856-1862.
JACKSONVILLE. A village of importance in section 24, Jacksonville Township. Post office, 1857-85.
JERICO. In the southwest corner of section 24, Jacksonville Township. Post office 1889-1903.
LITTLE TURKEY. In section 23, Utica Township,. Post office, 1867-1903.
MAPLEVILLE. Somewhat northeast of the center of Stapleton Township. Post office, 1857-59.
NANSEN. In section 10, Jacksonville Township. Post office, 1897-1903.
REPUBLIC. In the northeast corner of section 20, Richland Township. Post office, 1889-1910.
PEARL ROCK. A prosperous town in the 1810's in se<;tion 31, Bradford Township, on the west side of the Cedar River.
SAUDE. In section 20, Utica Township. Post office, 1881-1914.
STAPLETON. In the southeastern part of Stapleton Township. Post office, 1857-81.
WAUDENA. In the northern part of New Hampton Township, as shown on maps of 1857-1862.
WILLIAMTOWN. A village in the northeast corner of section 13, Richland Township. Post office, 1859=1903.
ZELLO. In the central part of Utica Township. Post office, 1863.
Chickasaw County named after a very prominent Indian nation in the south
Established January 15, 1851
If you have any information about any of these towns, please share with us via our Contact form.
©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Iowa Ghost Towns
|EZ County Index with Towns|
|EZ Town Index with Info|