ALICE. In the southwestern part of Palermo Township. Post office, 1871-97.


ANDERSONVILLE. In Clay Township. Post office, 1893 .


ARROW. In the southern part of Beaver Township. Post office, 1881.


BOIS d'ARC. In the southern part of Grant Township, as shown on maps from 1863-1887.


CONRAD GROVE. The name of the post office at the present town of Conrad from 1881-1885.


DAIRYVILLE. A hamlet in the southwestern part of Fairfield Township. Post office, 1889-1900.


ELIZABETH. In the northwest corner of section 12, Colfax Township. Post office, 1873-78.


FERN. A village in section 32, Beaver Township. Post office, 1903.


FREDSVILLE. A hamlet in the southeastern part of Fairfield Township. Post office, 1889-1903.


GREENWOOD. In the northeastern part of Clay Township. Post office, 1871.


IVESTER. In the southwest corner of section 15, Melrose Township. Post office,1893-1903.


JERUSALEM. A hamlet in the southern part of section 34, Clay Township, near where the town of Beaman is now located, its post office being Wadaloup.


KINGSBURY. In the central part of Grant Township. Post office, 1880-85.


LEAR. In section 9, Beaver Township. Post office, 1900-03.


LINCOLN CENTER. In the central part of Lincoln Township. Post office, 1889-1900.


MELROSE. On the north side of section 16, Melrose Township. Post office, 1878-79.


PALERMO. In the northwestern part of Palermo Township. Post office, 1873-75.


TAYLOR HILL. In the northwestern part of Fairfield Township. Post office, 1857-63.


WADALOUP. The name of the post office (1867-75) at the hamlet of Jerusalem, which see above, near the present town of Beaman.

Grundy County, named after Felix Grundy.

He was a Chief Justice

of the Kentucky Supreme Court.

A United States Representative

and a Senator from Tennessee.




Established January 15, 1851

Grundy County

If you have any information about any of these towns, please share with us via our Contact Us form.

EZ County Index

©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Iowa Ghost Towns