GOPHER. A post office from 1872 to 1895 shown on the maps to have been part of the time in the northwestern part of Baker Township and part of the time in
the northeastern part of Goewey Township.
HOLMAN. Former name of the present village and railroad station of AlIendorf. Holman was the name of the post office from 1879 to 1884.
LEXINGTON. A village platted in the early 1890's in section 8, Harrison Township.
MAY CITY. The name of the post office (1889-1904) at the village of Lexington, which see above.
OCHEYEDAN. A post office in section 34, Horton Township, as shown on maps from 1875 to 1884, This location was about two miles northwest of the present town of Ocheyedan, and before the establishment of that town.
RUNYAN. Listed as a post office in Osceola County from 1884 to 1885, but its location not found.
RUSH LAKE. A post office (1878-89) in section 32, Fairview Township.
SAINT GILMAN. The name first given (1872) the present town of Ashton. The post office was also Saint Gilman from 1873 to 1881.
Osceola County was named after a Seminole Indian Chief.
Established January 15, 1851
If you have any information about any of these towns, please share with us via our Contact Us form.
©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Iowa Ghost Towns
|EZ County Index with Towns|
|EZ Town Index with Info|