AMITY. The name first given to the present town of College Springs. Amity was platted in 1856.
BINNS. A post office from 1875 to 1878 in the northern part of Fremont Township.
CENTRE. A post office (1853-81) in the southern part of Buchanan Township.
CROOKS. A village platted in 1880 in the southwest quarter of section 29, Buchanan Township. It was a station on a branch of the Wabash Railway which was abandoned in 1890.
DARWIN. A post office from 1880 to 1883 in section 39, Douglas Township.
DASIE. Listed as a post office in Page County from 1887 to 1902, but the location not found.
DAVISON'S. A place in the southern part of Buchanan Township on the east side of Nodaway river, as shown on maps of 1855 to 1861. DAYTON. Platted as a village in 1857 in the eastern part of section 1, East River Township, six miles east and one south of Clarinda.
FRANKLIN GROVE. Platted as a village (1860) at the common corners of sections 2, 3, and 10, Pierce Township.
Post office, 1864-77.
HARDER'S CORNER. Listed in the U. S. Official Register from 1856 to 1860 as a post office in Page County. The location not found.
LOY. A post office from 1883 to 1884 at or near the present town of Yorktown.
MEADE. A post office from 1863 to 1864 in Valley Township, a short distance northeast of the present town of Hepburn.
MORSMAN. Platted as a town in 1880 in section 17, Buchanan Township. Post office, 1881-90. It was a station on a branch of the Wabash Railway which was abandoned in 1890.
NODAWAY. A post office from 1851 to 1854 in the northwestern part of East River Township, about two miles south of the present city of Clarinda, and near
the Nodaway River. It was discontinued on the establishment of the post office at Clarinda.
NODAWAY FORK. A post office from 1857 to 1861 in the northwestern part of Buchanan Township, at or
near the forks of the two Nodaway rivers.
NODAWAY MILLS. A post office (1870-80) in the southeastern part of section 36, Harlan Township, on the Nodaway River.
NORTH GROVE. A post office from 1875 to 1880 in the western part of Douglas Township.
NORTH MILLS. A post office (1871-73) in the northeast corner of Nodaway Township on the east side of Nodaway River.
PAGE CITY. Platted as a town in 1858 in the central part of section 7, Harlan Township. It was about one-half mile northwest of the present village and railroad station of Page Center. Post office, 1859-82. In its beginning Page City aspired to be the county seat.
SNOW HILL. A hamlet in Lincoln Township about one mile north of the present town of Coin. Post office 1872-79.
TARKIO. A post office (18554-82) in tlie northwest corner of section 14, Tarkio Township. It was one mile
northwest of Tarkio City (see below).
TARKIO CITY. Platted in 1859 in the southeastern part of section 34 and the southwestern of 35, Tarkio Township. It aspired to be the county seat, but existed only a few years.
UNION GROVE. A post office (1866-81) in section 21, Washington Township.
WALKERVILLE. A post office (1874--1900) in the southwestern part of Washington Township.
WELLSBURG. A post office (1869-75) in the southwestern part of Colfax Township.
Page county is named in honor of
Captain John Page of the 4th U.S. Infantry,
who was mortally wounded
in the battle of Palo Alto.
Established February 24, 1847
If you have any information about any of these towns, please share with us via our Contact Us form.
©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Iowa Ghost Towns
|EZ County Index with Towns|
|EZ Town Index with Info|